Friday, April 23, 2004

Here is a copy of my recent letter to the editor in the local paper I am waiting for the church bus to show up to save me or stone me I am not certain which.

It seems it may be time to change the name of the editorial page in this paper to "Christian Viewpoints", nearly every day there is as least one letter or story printed professing views that take Christian opinion and biblical text as fact . The majority of the worlds population does not believe the stories in the Bible to be historical fact nor a code to live by . If the people of the world would make their decisions simply based compassion for other living beings rather than a selfish hope for reward at the end of this life because a book told them to we would surely live in a better world. If Jesus were alive today I am certain he would agree.

I will be sure to post respose letters as they come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment